- General Information
- Employment Benefits
- 2016 - 2017 Walking Program
- Ticket Monster Perks
- BMW Corporate Sales Program
- Mercedes-Benz Fleet Employee Program
- Pinch Hitter Service Hits A Home Run
- Employee and Spouse Tuition Benefit
- Dependent Children Tuition Benefit
- Pinch Hitter Back up Dependent Care Services
- Paid Time Off
- Military Leave of Absence
- Rensselaer Self-Service Information System (RSS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Social Security / Medicare
- Workers' Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Benefits
- Global Emergency Service (For CDPHP Members Only)
- The Standard / EyeMed Vision Care
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Health Insurance FAQ
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Privacy Notice Regarding Rensselaer's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Rensselaer offers its employees very competitive benefits plans. These plans are valuable in themselves -- your benefits may cost Rensselaer more than 30% of your wages -- and can give you and your family peace of mind that can't be measured in dollars and cents!
Please note: This website only highlights the terms of the Institute's employee benefit plans and is not intended to take the place of the detailed information contained in what is known as the Summary Plan Description (SPD) for each benefit. The SPDs will continue to be available online at the Human Resources Office for you to review.
The actual terms of the various employee benefit plans are stated in and governed by the formal plan documents.
Any inconsistency between the statements found here and the provisions of the applicable plan document(s) will be governed by the provisions of the applicable plan document(s). Except as provided in the applicable plan documents, Rensselaer shall have the exclusive authority and discretion to construe any uncertain or disputed term or provision represented in this site and in all plan documents.
A participant and/or beneficiary, including retirees, shall not have any right to benefits under the plans that in any way interferes with Rensselaer's right to terminate or amend any plan. Rensselaer makes no promise to continue plan benefits in the future and rights to future benefits will never vest (except to the extent as may be provided in a Rensselaer retirement plan).
While Rensselaer endeavors to let employees know of any policy change in a timely manner, we reserve the right to modify any policy without prior notification.