- General Information
- Employment Benefits
- GM Supplier Discount
- 2016 - 2017 Walking Program
- Ticket Monster Perks
- BMW Corporate Sales Program
- Mercedes-Benz Fleet Employee Program
- Pinch Hitter Service Hits A Home Run
- Employee and Spouse Tuition Benefit
- Dependent Children Tuition Benefit
- Pinch Hitter Back up Dependent Care Services
- Paid Time Off
- Military Leave of Absence
- Rensselaer Self-Service Information System (RSS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Social Security / Medicare
- Workers' Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Benefits
- Global Emergency Service (For CDPHP Members Only)
- The Standard / EyeMed Vision Care
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Health Insurance FAQ
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Privacy Notice Regarding Rensselaer's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Supplemental Retirement Program (SRA)
This is a voluntary program that allows you to set aside money for additional retirement income. You pay no income tax on these savings or on any of the investment income the savings earn until they are paid out.
Who is eligible?
Any Rensselaer employee whose annual contribution limit to the tax sheltered retirement program is at least $200 is eligible to participate in the Supplemental Retirement Program.
Employees may shelter wages from federal and state taxes by electing to defer earnings to tax-sheltered annuities offered at Rensselaer. You may choose from a wide variety of investment options offered by three investment service organizations - Fidelity Investments, Scudder Funds, and TIAA-CREF. These options include growth funds, income funds, money market funds, and combinations thereof.
Retirement payroll deductions may commence the first of any month following the date of hire and receipt by Human Resources of completed Rensselaer and fund sponsor enrollment forms.
You may change your election the first of any month by completing a new Supplemental Retirement Program Enrollment Form (Salary Reduction Agreement).
Please contact the Human Resources office for more detailed information.