Environmental Health & Safety Programs
Click on the programs links for full programs descriptions of each of our Environmental Health & Safety programs. Re-clicking the links will re-close the items and you may make another selection.
The specific University requirements for biological safety are contained in the University’s Biosafety Plan.
Specifics on the University's Bloodborne Pathogens program are contained in the University’s Bloodborne Pathogens Plan
Specifics on the University's Fall Protection program are contained in the University’s Fall Protection Plan
Emergency response and prevention procedures related to hazardous materials and hazardous wastes can be found in the Hazardous Materials Contingency Plan
Information regarding Rensselaer's Pandemic Flu Plan can be found here.
The specific University requirements for laboratory safety are contained in the University’s Chemical Hygiene Plan and its Appendices.
- Appendix A - Definitions
- Appendix B - Occupational Exposure
- Appendix C - PPE Matrix
- Appendix D - Laboratory Inspection Checklist
- Appendix E - Hazards Assessment Signage Program
- Appendix F - Certificate of Need Forms
- Appendix G - Title 10 Section 80.133 - Definitions
- Appendix H - Recognizing Potentially Explosive Chemicals and Peroxidizable Compounds
- Appendix I - Satellite Accumulation Hazardous Waste Self Checklist
- Appendix J - Request for Hazardous Waste Pickup
- Laboratory Specific Appendix I - SOP Template
- Laboratory Specific Appendix II - Chemical Inventory
- Laboratory Specific Appendix III - Evacuation Routes
- Laboratory Specific Appendix IV - Emergency Contact List
- Laboratory Specific Appendix V - Waste Chemical Disposal Procedures
- Laboratory Specific Appendix VI - Laboratory Self Check Sheet
This session is designed to provide a general overview of the safety programs and requirements at Rensselaer as well as introducing the attendee to the menu of available safety training sessions. A major goal of the orientation session is to outline specific activities that require additional safety training prior to initiating activities, and to provide the new employee with a current schedule of sessions to satisfy these requirements. In addition, the orientation session provides general information relating to Rensselaer’s fire protection systems, emergency incident reporting procedures, worker’s compensation reporting procedures, and emergency safety equipment.
Specifics on the University's Radiation Safety program are contained in the University’s Radiation Safety Manual
Specifics on the University's Respiratory Protection program are contained in the University’s Respiratory Protection Plan