- General Information
- Employment Benefits
- GM Supplier Discount
- 2016 - 2017 Walking Program
- Ticket Monster Perks
- BMW Corporate Sales Program
- Mercedes-Benz Fleet Employee Program
- Pinch Hitter Service Hits A Home Run
- Employee and Spouse Tuition Benefit
- Dependent Children Tuition Benefit
- Pinch Hitter Back up Dependent Care Services
- Paid Time Off
- Military Leave of Absence
- Rensselaer Self-Service Information System (RSS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Social Security / Medicare
- Workers' Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Benefits
- Global Emergency Service (For CDPHP Members Only)
- The Standard / EyeMed Vision Care
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Health Insurance FAQ
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Privacy Notice Regarding Rensselaer's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
This policy provides you or your beneficiary up to $150,000 of insurance if you die by accidental means or suffer the loss of limb, sight, speech, or hearing while traveling on official Rensselaer business, except when the travel takes place in a private aircraft. Your beneficiary is the same beneficiary you designated for your Rensselaer Basic Life Insurance.
Rensselaer pays the full cost of this benefit.
How does Rensselaer define travel?
"Travel" is defined as a significant and substantial business trip that begins when you leave your home or work location and ends when you return to your work location or home. Everyday travel to or from your home or to your work location is not a "trip" and is therefore not covered under this policy.
Who is eligible?
Rensselaer provides business travel insurance to all employees who are required to travel on Rensselaer business. Coverage is automatic. However, you should always be sure there is documentation in your office regarding the travel and that your term life insurance beneficiary form is up-to-date.