- General Information
- Employment Benefits
- GM Supplier Discount
- 2016 - 2017 Walking Program
- Ticket Monster Perks
- BMW Corporate Sales Program
- Mercedes-Benz Fleet Employee Program
- Pinch Hitter Service Hits A Home Run
- Employee and Spouse Tuition Benefit
- Dependent Children Tuition Benefit
- Pinch Hitter Back up Dependent Care Services
- Paid Time Off
- Military Leave of Absence
- Rensselaer Self-Service Information System (RSS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Social Security / Medicare
- Workers' Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Benefits
- Global Emergency Service (For CDPHP Members Only)
- The Standard / EyeMed Vision Care
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Health Insurance FAQ
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Privacy Notice Regarding Rensselaer's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
This program allows you to purchase accidental death and dismemberment insurance for you and your dependents. You may cover yourself for an additional $10,000 to $350,000 accidental death and dismemberment benefit, your spouse for either 100% or 50% of your benefit, and your dependent children under age 19 (or age 25 if full-time student) for 10% of your benefit up to $25,000.
As an enhancement, 24-hour, year-round emergency assistance is available for you and your covered dependents when traveling 100 or more miles from home. Just one call puts you in contact with an international network of professionals providing medical, informational, legal and personal assistance.
Who is eligible?
If you are a regular or a fixed-term employee scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, you may choose to obtain this additional insurance coverage.
You may enroll in the supplemental life insurance program within 30 days from your date of hire, 30 days of a qualifying event, or during open enrollment.
More detailed information is available in the Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan brochure, as provided by Zurich of North America Insurance.