- General Information
- Employment Benefits
- GM Supplier Discount
- 2016 - 2017 Walking Program
- Ticket Monster Perks
- BMW Corporate Sales Program
- Mercedes-Benz Fleet Employee Program
- Pinch Hitter Service Hits A Home Run
- Employee and Spouse Tuition Benefit
- Dependent Children Tuition Benefit
- Pinch Hitter Back up Dependent Care Services
- Paid Time Off
- Military Leave of Absence
- Rensselaer Self-Service Information System (RSS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Social Security / Medicare
- Workers' Compensation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Benefits
- Global Emergency Service (For CDPHP Members Only)
- The Standard / EyeMed Vision Care
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Health Insurance FAQ
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Privacy Notice Regarding Rensselaer's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Supplemental Life / Dependent Life Insurance
This program allows you to purchase additional term life insurance for yourself in amounts up to 4.5 times your July 1 rate of pay.
You may also purchase dependent life insurance covering your spouse for $10,000 and each of your children (up to age 19) for $2,000.
Who is eligible?
If you are a regular or a fixed-term employee scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, you may choose to obtain this additional life insurance coverage.
You may use the Supplemental Life Insurance Enrollment Form to enroll in the supplemental life insurance program within 30 days from your date of hire, 30 days of a qulaifying event, or during open enrollment. You will be enrolled after approval by the insurance company.
More detailed information is contained in the Summary Plan Description, available at the Human Resources office.