Web Time Entry Coming Soon!
Rensselaer is pleased to announce that the use of Web Time Entry for timesheets will be implemented. Web Time Entry is an electronic web-based time entry system designed to improve accuracy and eliminate loss or delays in processing paper timesheets. The Web Time Entry system will allow employees to individually log onto a secure website and enter hours worked, leave taken and submit their own time and attendance electronically from any computer with Internet access. This is a paperless payroll system that supports the Institute’s sustainability initiative by greatly reducing or eliminating the amount of paper used. The time must be approved online by the designated supervisor/approver and sent electronically to the Payroll Office for processing.
The Division of Finance will launch the new functionality via multiple training sessions to each Portfolio, School, and Department. The target date of completion throughout campus is January 1, 2016.
Some important things to note:
The electronic time sheets will be accessible on-line via
- RSS - Rensselaer Self Service for faculty and staff
- SIS - Student Information System for students
Who will be using on-line time sheets?
- Students paid hourly
- Staff paid hourly (non-exempt staff on the bi-weekly payroll)
- Exempt staff, including 12 month faculty appointments that report exception hours
Who will not be required to submit time sheets?
- Faculty who do not earn Paid Time Off and who do not report exception hours
- Students paid a salary
- Most Division of Administration staff currently reporting time through the CMMS system
The benefits of this technology will improve the time and attendance program, user flexibility and approval process.