Dental coverage is available to Rensselaer employees through Delta Dental, which includes coverage for the following services:
- Preventive and diagnostic services are covered at 100% twice a year.
- Other services are subject to an annual deductible of $50 per individual, or $150 per family.
- Services, such as fillings, are covered at 80% of the reasonable and customary charge.
- Major services, such as bridges and crowns, are covered at 50% of the reasonable and customary charge.
- The maximum benefit per calendar year per individual is $1,500.
- There is a once-in-a-lifetime orthodontic benefit of 50% of covered dental charges, up to a maximum benefit of $1,500 per person.
- Enrollment includes access to Member Perks:
- Virtual Dentistry: access to Delta Dental dentists without leaving your home
- Brush Smart: Delta Dental's oral wellness program for members offering get instant access to discounts on electric toothbrushes, flossers, accessories and more!
- Wellness Libraries: prevention tips for your family, nutrition, recipes and much more
Filing a claim
Employees whose provider is not in the Delta Dental network, should, upon receipt of their Delta Dental ID card, register on the website to access their account and file an out-of-network claim form.
Generally, dentists who are in the Delta Dental network will submit the employee’s claim to Delta Dental electronically for processing.
For more detailed coverage information, please refer to Delta Dental's Plan Description.