Brunch with Benefits
The Division of Human Resources has partnered with several benefit carriers and will promote monthly workshops to discuss our benefits program and wellness initiatives—over brunch!
- September 21, 2023 - Cancer Prevention and Early Detection (Recording)
- April 19, 2023 - BHP: Discover How to Bring More Positivity and Compassion to Each Day (Recording)
- March 16, 2023 - CDPHP Prescription Drug Coverage & Health Hub Overview (Recording)
- December 14, 2022 - Fidelity Investments: Maximize Social Security in Your Retirement Strategy
- September 13, 2022 - PSA: Your Health Matters: The Importance of Preventive Care
- August 18, 2022 - BHS: Embracing Life's Challenges: The Expected and the Unexpected (Recording)
- August 3, 2022 - BHS: Putting Out The Fire: Preventing and Managing Burnout (Recording)
- July 21, 2022 - CDPHP: Quarterly One-on-One Nurse
- July 12, 2022 - BHS: Resilience in Times of Change (Recording)
- June 14, 2022 - Fidelity/Rensselaer: Saving through Roth 403(b) Contributions (options for savings pre-tax and after-tax)
- May 11, 2022 - Clinical Advocacy (CDPHP: Care Management Services, PSA: Dedicated Nurse) (Recording)
- April 25, 2022 - CDPHP Announces Aptihealth (PDF)
- March 24, 2022 - Maximizing your CDPHP Benefits (New and Improved Programs for 2022)
- February 8, 2022 - BHS: The Power Table (Recording)
- January 26, 2022 - BHS: Jumpstart to a Healthier You
- January 11, 2022 - BHS: Goal Setting (Tips for Goal Setting Worksheet)
- December 22, 2021 - BHS: Boosting your Immunity (PowerPoint Presentation)
- September 15, 2021 - Fidelity: Five Money Musts (Presentation and Links)
- August 27, 2021 - Managing Emotions As You Return To The Workplace (PDF) (Recording)
- June 8, 2021 - Cancer Awareness & Prevention (Presentation Video)
- April 22, 2021 - Early Detection and Preventative Care (PDF)
- February 2021 Presentation - Delta Dental (PDF)
- January 2021 Presentation - History of Vaccines (PDF)
- October 2020 Presentation - Using your Health Plan Wisely (PDF)
Dedicated Online Registered Nurse
Health care and your health can be challenging. What do you do when you diagnosed with something new?
Where do you go for answers? Who is the best doctor to see? What do you do when the health plan denies
We want you to have an advocate who can help you navigate difficult situations. We are pleased to offer the
services of a Dedicated Registered Nurse, Danielle Herndon, RN, CCM. She is also the Vice President of Health
Risk Management at PSA Insurance & Financial Services, and she is available to help you at no cost to you or
Expanded Fitness Reimbursement
CDPHP has enhanced the fitness reimbursement benefit to include online fitness classes and subscriptions. Members can be reimbursed for:
- Gym memberships
- Paid online fitness classes or paid digital fitness subscriptions
- Covered dependent reimbursement up to $200 (total, not per dependent). Can be used for sports activities all year round for covered dependents under age 18!
Register online to access your account with CDPHP. You'll need your member ID number to do so. Once logged in, click on Health and Wellness, then Fitness Reimbursement Form and follow the instructions to submit your request.
Start down the path to good health with CDPHP Health Hub, an interactive website that offers guidance and supports the need to take control of your personal health. Faculty and staff enrolled in CDPHP health insurance can earn Life Points by completing healthy activities through the CDPHP Health Hub for up to $365 worth of gift cards per year.
Join 10,000 participants in the CDPHP Workforce Challenge, a 3.5-mile race at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. Each year, thousands of runners, walkers, and volunteers from hundreds of organizations throughout the area gather with their co-workers to take part in the largest annual road race in the Capital Region. Rensselaer will sponsor those employees who participate by paying for their entry fee and 50% of shirt costs.
Weight Watchers (WW)
WW offers new Digital programs to help you reach your wellness goals!
To access our discount program visit: WW.com/wellness then enter our Access ID: 15932334
Already a WW member? You can also sync your current WW account to get this discount.
Participating faculty and staff may be eligible for a quarterly reimbursement of 50% of the membership cost.
If you have any questions about the program or would like to submit a request for reimbursement, please contact the Division of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join last year’s 300 walking/running program participants, and earn up to a $15 gift certificate to the Rensselaer Collegiate Store. Please refer to Human Resources’ Walking/Running Program Certification brochure for more information, as well as directions for the specific walking routes.
Take advantage of these free smoking cessation programs, which are held throughout the year and are available to all Rensselaer faculty, staff, and students. Contact Louis Padula, Director - Benefits, Retirement & HRIS at (518) 276-6164 for more information.
Weigh 2 Be
The Weigh 2 Be program provides information on nutrition, exercise, and stress management to help you lose weight safely and live a healthier life! Prizes awarded to the most successful participants!
Your Rensselaer ID card grants you access the Mueller Center facilities free of charge, so please take advantage of this great benefit! Visit the website for current hours of operation or contact the staff with any questions about other programs available to faculty and staff (there may be a cost to attend other programs).
Doctor On Demand
Connect with board-certified doctors 24/7 using your phone, tablet, or computer. Visit Doctor on Demand or download the app from the App Store on your smartphone. You'll need your CDPHP ID card to register and to ensure proper billing for services.
CDPHP members also have access to:
Employee Assistance Program
Everyone experiences stress and challenges in life from time to time, so whether your concerns are big or small, our new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) via BHS can help. Faculty, Staff and household members can connect with BHS representatives 24/7.
* Eligible faculty and staff may receive a 50% reimbursement upon completion of some Rensselaer-sponsored programs.
"Joining Rensselaer and working in a university environment back in 2007 was a new experience for me, and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made in my career.
I particularly enjoy being of service to our students and working with teams of staff both at my home campus in Hartford and at Troy, who are always friendly, proactive, and supportive.”
- Linda Kresge, Rensselaer @ Hartford